Category: Technical Writing
Area Code: 843
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: SC - Charleston
We are currently engaged with a client seeking a Technical Writer. In this role, the Technical Writer will:
- Assist in documenting financial software solutions
- Research, write, update, and maintain detailed documentation including functional and technical designs and user guides that explain the functionality of independently developed Microsoft Access driven tools
- Key contributor to the documentation methodology and framework used throughout SDLC
- Manage configurations of documentation in a digital configuration management versioning system and contribute to overall project documentation in accordance with process
The appropriate individual will have the following experience:
- Technical writing.
- Developing functional and technical designs and documentation.
- Ability to use creativity & experience to design and write for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent grammar and superior writing skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts and translate technical information into plain language for a diverse audience.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and in teams, be self-motivated and manage multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work with developers, subject matter experts and users to elicit information used for documentation.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including MS Access; SharePoint knowledge.
- Compose clear and accurate training materials and documentation.
- SQL; documenting applications that utilize relational database systems.
- Microsoft Visio & Agile desirable.
- All applicants for this position must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting & Staffing firm that provides our clients: consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Business Software; Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, Infrastructure, Operations and Associated Technologies.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.