Category: Infrastructure - IT Ops.
Area Code: 781
Job Type: 5: 6 - 9 Month Contract
Location/City: MA - Waltham
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Systems Engineer on a long-term consulting basis. In this role, the Systems Engineer will:
- Assume systems engineering responsibilities for a variety of DevOps systems.
- Enhance the current process to allow enterprise infrastructures to build and support a Continuous Delivery Model. Propose changes to the application development, test, and deployment processes and infrastructure in support of a Continuous Delivery Model.
- Deploy SOA technologies that include Web Services, Micro Services, Service Bus or Queues.
- Work with other DevOps resources in support of the project. Assist in architecture and construction of a HIPAA compliant system architecture.
- Collaborate with globally distributed development teams.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Systems engineering that includes a progressive background as a Linux administration (RedHat prefered) in Jenkins, Git and Nexus environments and exposure to DevOps strategy.
- Deployment of SOA technologies that include a combination of Web Services, Micro Services, Service Bus or Queues.
- Technology environments that include a combination of Windows Server, NoSQL Databases, Puppet/Chef/Ansible, Docker Compose and Kubernetes.
- Security of applications and dealing with PCI or PHI data. (Preferred)
- Cloud computing environments AWS or Azure. (Preferred)
- Monitoring tools like Splunk and Logstash. (Preferred)
- Understanding of Authorization protocols specifically OAuth2. (Preferred)
- Healthcare industry and working with systems that have to be HIPAA compliant. (Preferred)
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information.
New Directions is a New England based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.