Category: Systems Administrator
Area Code: 401
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: RI - Warwick
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Systems Administrator on a full time direct employee basis. In this role, the Systems Administrator will:
- Build, implement maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade new servers and network software in a Windows and Linux Red Hat environment.
- Configure and maintain systems including physically moving, installing and configuring rack mounted server hardware.
- Manage Windows Active Directory that includes new users setups, password resets, group permissions, print server maintenance and DNS and DHCP.
- Provide Red Hat administration that includes Nagios checks, create and maintain OpenLdap attributes, file permissions, Hylafax, subversioning, crontab and CUPS.
- Perform NetBackup nightly backups, scheduling, templates, BMR, restores, upgrades, library maintenance.
- Create detailed documentation of How-To's for new installs, daily tasks, end user help and support.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Systems Administration in a Windows / Linux environment.
- Windows systems administration that includes: Active Directory, DNS and DHCP.
- Red Hat Linux Administration.
- Systems Administration for one or more of the following: Domino/Lotus Notes, Citrix, NetApp FAS SAN/NAS, VMware and vSphere, SalesLogix.
- Implementation of new technologies and software.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred.
New Directions is a Rhode Island based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development; and Infrastructure and IT Operations.
Ranked as one of the Fastest Growing and Innovative Privately held companies for three years by the Providence Business News, our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.