Software Engineer - (Medical Devices)
Category: Software Developer
Area Code: 925
Job Type: 6: 9+ Month Contract
Location/City: CA - Concord
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking multiple Software Engineers (Medical Devices) on a very long-term consulting basis. In this role, the Software Engineer will:
- Provide technical solutions in full software development life cycle for medical device software using IEC 62304.
- Furnish technical solutions in C/C++ and/or Assembly programming languages environment for real time embedded medical device software.
- Perform GUI and device driver development in multiple operating system environments and or realtime embedded microprocessor programming.
- Evaluate medical device and software systems/components and make recommendations for improvements and solutions.
- Lead debug and test of integrated software using software and hardware tools as needed.
- Lead code reviews and other related design reviews.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Full software development life cycle using IEC 62304.
- Proficiency in C/C++ and/or Assembly/other programming languages and complete understanding of technical principals, theories and concepts in the software engineering field, preferable in the medical device area.
- Full understanding of real time embedded operating systems as well as inter-processor communications and control.
- Proficient in GUI and device driver development in different operating system environment and/or real time embedded microprocessor programming.
- Proficient with integrated development environments, software source control and general software practices.
- Contribute at a high level on cross-functional teams within the organization.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information or call Shamus Anderson directly at (401) 300-0610.
New Directions is a Rhode Island based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Ranked as one of the Fastest Growing and Innovative Privately held companies for three years by the Providence Business News, our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.