Senior Oracle Database Administrator
Category: Oracle DBA
Area Code: 781
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: MA - Needham
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Senior Oracle Database Administrator on a full time direct employee basis. In this role, the Senior Oracle Database Administrator will:
- Lead, manage and monitor all installed Oracle database systems (Oracle 12C and Oracle Enterprise Manager 13C) and technologies.
- Manage database systems uptime, HA/DR strategy, performance of systems, quality of data and level of service.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
Provide production support, system design, data replication management, backup and recovery, DBA on-call duties, and leadership of the DBA team.
- Monitor all aspects of server, storage, and network performance, identifying and fixing key bottlenecks and performance issues.
- Manage data replication for internal and external systems.
- Develop and operate ETL/data integration solutions.
- Lead a team of DBAs, as well as managing third-party contracted database resources.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Senior Oracle Database Administration in Oracle 12C and Oracle Manager 13C environments.
- Oracle Database Administration that includes: Enterprise backup technologies, Monitoring, Shell scripting,
SQL tuning and Replication Sets.
- Infrastructure/system design and engineering experience.
- Oracle technologies that include: Oracle Active Data Guard, Oracle RMAN, Oracle Goldengate, Oracle ASM, Quest Shareplex.
- Infrastructure technologies that include: Linux (RHEL) VmWare, vCenter, Hyper-Converged architecture, Dell/EMC ScaleIO/VxRack Flex, AWS, Google Cloud.
- Other database technologies: Microsoft SQL Server (basic administration) and PL/SQL
- IO-optimized storage systems, particularly SSD and NVMe.
- Strong Project Management and communication skills.
- Direct experience managing both direct and indirect reports.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred.
New Directions is a New England based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.