Network Operations Engineer
Area Code: 617
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: MA - Boston
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Network Operations Engineer on a full time direct employee basis. In this role, the Network Operations Engineer will:
- Manage a significant network infrastructure that includes routing, switching, VoIP and internet routing technology at a variety of enterprise and satellite locations.
- Work closely with other Network Services Architects and Engineers in the development of networking standards and solutions in response to needs.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and manage network infrastructure to ensure the highest level of network performance, including reliability, scalability, affordability, and security.
- Ensure documentation is complete, updated, and archived as necessary.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Enterprise network infrastructure routing & switching technologies.
Network monitoring and troubleshooting.
- BGP, OSPF, TACACS, RADIUS, DNS, DHCP, IPv6, load balancers, firewalls.
- Cisco Wired, Wireless, Datacenter Technologies, VoIP, CLI.
- F5, Palo Alto, VMware, Linux, MSOS, Zenoss, Rancid, Cacti, MRTG, ServiceNow.
- ITIL Strong technical, analytical, organizational, & collaborative skills; ability to work under pressure and manage concurrent challenges effectively.
- Education B.A./B.S. Or equivalent experience Additional Requirements CCNACCNP or equivalent experience
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are Required.
New Directions is a Rhode Island based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Ranked as one of the Fastest Growing and Innovative Privately held companies for three years by the Providence Business News, our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.