Microsoft Power BI Developer / Analyst
Category: Business Intelligence
Area Code: 843
Job Type: 3: 0 - 3 Month Contract
Location/City: SC - Charleston
We are currently engaged with a client seeking a Microsoft Power BI Developer/Analyst. In this role, the Developer/Analyst will:
- Technical requirements: PowerBI, Report Development, and CRM reports.
- Requires strong analytical and conceptual and problem solving abilities.
- Hands on experience in building visualization, dashboards, Canned reports, Adhoc reports in PowerBI.
- Closely work with business users to gather the requirements and work with technical team to understand environment and build BI reports.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills. Ability to work under close deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Hands-on experience in Power BI, including but not limited to Co-ordination with business stake holders -
- Requirement gathering, analysis and preparing design documents, be familiar with end to end setup for an on premise and cloud deployment of PowerBI- Understanding of the infrastructure requirements of setting up PowerBI, data set ingestion and transformation, report development, and the creation of dashboards that bring together key performance and operational data.
- Design, implement and develop reporting
- Meet with business stakeholders to clarify and document reporting requirements
The appropriate individual will have the following:
- Experience developing Power BI solutions and reporting
- Core Power BI development experience (Power Pivot, Power Query, Power View, Power BI)
- Strong understanding of BI areas. Ability to work on complex development BI projects including the proactive identification of issues and coordination of resolutions.
- Strong understanding of the Microsoft technology stack
- Experience in Business Intelligence, Data Integration and Reports/Analytics
- Experience developing and integrating Power BI with existing application
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting & Staffing firm that provides our clients: consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Business Software; Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, Infrastructure, Operations and Associated Technologies.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.