Manager, IT Applications
Hilton Head, SC
Category: Information Technology
Area Code: 843
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: SC - Hilton Head
We are currently engaged with a client seeking a Manager, IT Applications. In this role, the Manager, IT Applications will:
- Provide technology leadership in custom software development, web app development & application integration.
- Lead a team that provides IT applications functionality across business units.
- Leading team and ensuring they have the vision, tools, and training to be successful in an Agile, DevOps environment.
- Ensure peer reviews of analysis, technical design, code and unit testing are executed.
- Managerial and administrative functions of multiple development teams. Engage in design, security and architecture discussions and to actively participate in estimating, tasking, implementation efforts, and status updates.
- Ensuring that the overall solution design meets business requirements, conforms to industry best practices, is cohesive across disciplines and is a cost-effective solution.
- Work closely with key departmental management and business stakeholders.
- Manage direct reports.
- Work with senior management to establish the technical soundness of the solutions.
- Lead design and architecture discussions
- Establish and enforce coding and development standards
- Evaluate tools and technologies and establish technology standards
- Implementation of business strategy and vision with IT Applications
- Establishes and tracks personnel and project performance metrics
- Accountable for client relationship for internal customers and responsible for directing work efforts
- Vendor relationship management (ie. Onshore/Offshore support)
- Compliance with prioritization and governance decisions
- Work with the team of Application, Integration, Systems and Enterprise architects to implement solutions
The appropriate individual will have the following experience:
- Leading complex software and hardware implementation solutions
- Supervising (completing performance reviews) and managing work effort
- Vendor management and remote development teams
- DevOps experience or related experience with gradually increasing responsibilities and a demonstrated understanding of DevOps and technical quality control processes, artifacts and tools
- Track record as a coach, mentor, and developer of talent
- Drive to big-picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
- People management, strategic planning, risk management, change management, and project management
- Budget and financial accountability
- Experience working with quality management approaches, techniques and principles
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle best practices; Agile preferred
- Ability to interface at a technical and non-technical level with Infrastructure, Network, Development, BA and Architecture teams.
- Oracle and Web Services preferred.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting & Staffing firm that provides our clients: consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Business Software; Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, Infrastructure, Operations and Associated Technologies.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.