Linux Systems Admin/Engineer
Area Code: 843
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: SC - Bluffton
We are currently engaged with a client seeking a Linux Systems Admin/Engineer. In this role, the Linux Systems Admin/Engineer will:
- System installation and configuration, system security techniques/best practices, system monitoring/management best practices, etc.
- Proposes/implements systems monitoring/management enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the systems
- Analyzes, acquires, installs, modifies and supports operating systems, databases, utilities and Internet/intranet-related tools.
- Conducts systems programming and systems support activities, including enterprise authentication/authorization system integration.
- Creates and maintains documentation of systems processes and procedures.
- Supports and resolves internal user requests
- Administers security policies to control access to systems. Maintains security systems for servers and firewalls.
- Works with customers to identify business requirements and suggests service improvements and/or new technology directions.
- Interacts with internal and external personnel.
The appropriate individual will have the following experience:
- Knowledge of RedHat and CentOS Linux
- Linux design, engineering and admin
- Virtualization exposure
- Configuration Management Tools
- Shell and scripting, BASH, Perl
- Webserver administration desirable
- Load balancing solutions
- Linux certification highly desirable
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting & Staffing firm that provides our clients: consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Business Software; Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, Infrastructure, Operations and Associated Technologies.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.