Junior Network Engineer
Area Code: 781
Job Type: 2: Contract to Perm
Location/City: MA - Lexington
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Junior Network Engineer on a consulting to full time direct employee basis. In this role, the Junior Network Engineer will:
- Determine user requirements and design specifications for enterprise level computer networks.
- Plan and implement network upgrades.
- Adjust network sizes to meet volume or capacity demands Communicate with customers, sales staff, or marketing staff to determine customer needs.
- Coordinate network operations, maintenance, repairs or upgrades.
- Design, build, or operate equipment configuration prototypes, including network hardware, software, servers, or server operation systems.
- Determine specific network hardware or software requirements such as platforms, interfaces, bandwidths, or routine schemas.
- Develop and implement solutions for network problems.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Network/systems administration in a large corporate enterprise.
- Computer hardware as it relates to data storage.
- Computer software, such as configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory services software.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification a plus.
- Bachelors Degree in technical or related field.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development; and IT Infrastructure and Operations.
Ranked as one of the Fastest Growing and Innovative Privately held companies for three years by the Providence Business News, our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.