Medical Device Cyber Security Consultant
Category: IT Security
Area Code: 781
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: MA - Waltham
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Medical Device Cyber Security Consultant on a long-term consulting basis. In this role, the Healthcare Information Security Consultant will:
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the global IT security industry in regards to hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis and related products and personal health information including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
- Assess the risk of new and current medical devices, treatment services, and digital solutions (Cloud-based services, Mobile Applications, IoT Services, etc.).
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through medical devices, treatment services, and in databases and other data repositories developed by Global Research and Development.
- Work closely with machine development teams to coach, guide and mentor in cybersecurity practices.
- Support the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits.
- Perform regular security awareness training to ensure consistently high levels of compliance with security policy.
- Analyze and assess vulnerabilities in hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis medical device products and related services, investigate/implement security controls to remedy the detected vulnerabilities.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Executive or Senior level responsibilities in global IT security for medical devices, personal health information, treatment services and digital solutions.
- Senior leadership in working with cross-functional executive, technical, cybersecurity and business stakeholders.
- Broad exposure to security monitoring and security incidents.
- Development of IT security, cybersecurity, medical device and patient information systems compliance and policies.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information.
New Directions is a New England based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.