Financial Services Rep
Area Code: 843
Job Type: 3: 0 - 3 Month Contract
Location/City: SC - Charleston
We are currently engaged with a client seeking a Financial Services Rep. In this role, the Financial Services Rep will:
- Provide financial guidance to patients/families, insurance providers, & healthcare staff.
- Greet and interview patients to gather accurate and complete health insurance and demographic information necessary to register patients at multiple sites
- Meet and discuss bills/billing issues with patients; calculate patients financial liability and inform patient during interview; collect appropriate co-pay/deductible funds and consistently enter credit notes related to payments; initiate measures to negotiate financial resolution (including accepting payment on account and making patient aware of alternative payment methods.)
- Provide receipts and annotate appropriate logs and enter data into computer system. Correctly processes cash and credit card transactions following established procedures.
- Assures entry into registration system provides complete, accurate information
- Accomplishes effective and efficient billing processes with minimal denial and/or delays in the billing process. Researches credit balances as needed and forwards to refund area for check processing.
- Verifies admissions and discharges within the computer system.
- Maintains current knowledge of insurance, local, state and federal requirements and registration updates and/or registration information
- Review Patient Schedule to determine patients that will require pre-registration
The appropriate individual will have the following experience:
- Experience in a patient financial health care setting.
- Basic knowledge of health insurance.
- Basic computer skills required. PC and Windows experience required.
- Ability to diplomatically and respectfully work with customers (both in person and via telephone).
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting & Staffing firm that provides our clients: consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Business Software; Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, Infrastructure, Operations and Associated Technologies.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.