Field Support Technician
Category: Help Desk
Area Code: 859
Job Type: 2: Contract to Perm
Location/City: KY - Lexington
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Field Support Technician - (Help Desk) on a long term consulting to potential Full-Time Employee basis. In this role, the Field Support Technician will:
- Provide technical assistant to computer system users and resolve a range computer issues for clients in person.
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems, typically of a lower complexity.
- May install software or perform hardware testing at the users desk site.
- Enter commands and observe system functionality to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Set up new users, including desktop configuration, email accounts, LDAP accounts, VPN accounts.
- Support employees locally with desktop issues, account issues, and access to various internal services.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Associate's Degree in computer related field or equivalent training required.
- Support for computer hardware and software that may include configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory services software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
*Please note - this role requires travel throughout Kentucky and some overnight stays.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Infrastructure and IT Operations; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.