Desktop Service Specialists
Category: Help Desk
Area Code: 617
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: MA - Brookline
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking several Desktop Service Specialists on a full time direct employee basis. In this role, the Desktop Service Specialists will:
- Work with a highly dynamic and diverse team to serve as a liaison between the enterprise and a large, comprehensive centralized IT department.
- Provide end-to-end technology support by building strong relationships and establishing themselves as the point person in an ever-changing technology driven world.
- Diagnose Windows and MAC OS issues; troubleshoot software, hardware and network issues.
- Install, configure and upgrade Windows and Mac applications, peripherals, and mobile devices.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose MS Exchange, Active Directory, group policy, VMware, file permissions and performance monitoring.
- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot and provide expert level support for client/desktop systems administration, mobile devices, client-server and web-based solutions
- Provide support through remote assistance, asset management, image and deployment patching, backup and restore, virus protection, and various native and centrally managed encryption solutions.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Large environments that include phone, remote and deskside support for client/desktop systems administration, mobile devices, client-server and web-based solutions.
- Windows and Mac applications, peripheral and mobile device environments.MS Exchange, Active Directory, group policy, VMware, file permissions and performance monitoring.
- Highly value the client experience, is resourceful, adaptable, thrives in a team-based structure, and ensures technology works for the client.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Patience when problem-solving complex technical issues, over the phone or in person, with diverse, sometimes not technically inclined, customers.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information.
New Directions is a New England based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.