Category: Database Administrator
Area Code: 401
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: RI - Warwick
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Database Administrator on a full time direct employee basis. In this role, the Database Administrator will:
- Assist in the maintenance, performance and uptime of SQL, Oracle and other database instances in a Linux - UNIX environment.
- Create and modify bash scripts and Windows command scripts.
- Manage tablespace, storage allocation, indexes and reorgs.
- Perform performance tuning for SQL queries.
- Provide database maintenance tasks including but not limited to backup/restore operations, storage allocations, indexes and reorgs.
- Provide performance tuning for SQL queries, reporting and database server monitoring.
- Furnish internal and external customized reporting.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Demonstrated Database Administrator background or aptitude in multiple database technologies that might include a combination of MS SQL Server, Orable, DB2 and MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Backup, maintenance, troubleshooint of multiple instance databases.
- SQL Server or other integration packages that includes data movement / aggregation and ETL.
- SQL and or other query and customized report development.
- OS Scripting languages that may include batch, Perl and or Windows Command scripting.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux and or UNIX operational and development environments.
- Batch scripting for multiple databases.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information and call Ashley DeCorte directly at (401) 300-0705. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role.
New Directions is a Rhode Island based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Ranked as one of the Fastest Growing and Innovative Privately held companies for three years by the Providence Business News, our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.