Category: Infrastructure - IT Ops.
Area Code: 703
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: VA - McLean
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Data Engineer on a full time direct employee basis. In this role, the Data Engineer will:
- Work with a team of Data Engineers to create the next generation of data products and capabilities for internal and external client consumption.
- Develop fast data infrastructure leveraging data streaming, batch processing, and machine learning to personalize experiences for our customers.
- Build data pipeline frameworks to automate high-volume and real-time data delivery for our Hadoop and streaming data hub.
- Build data APIs and data delivery services that support critical operational and analytical applications for our internal business operations, customers and partners.
- Develop applications from ground up using a modern technology stack such as Scala, Spark, Postgres, Angular JS, and NoSQL.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Progressive experience in data engineering and data infrastructure concepts.
- Leading big data technologies such as Spark, Cassandra, Hadoop, HDFS, PostgreSQL, Redshift, and MongoDB.
Building data pipelines.
- Cloud development technologies that include project background with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure or Google.
Development in Java, Scala, or Python.
- Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience in Shell, Perl or Python.
- Streaming and/or NoSQL implementation (Mongo, Cassandra, etc.) a plus
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are Required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.