Data Center Team Lead
Category: Information Technology
Area Code: 843
Job Type: 2: Contract to Perm
Location/City: SC - Ladson
We are currently engaged with a client seeking a Data Center Team Lead. In this role the Team Lead will...
- Take responsibility for all aspects of the Data Centers and Network Operation Center including staff scheduling, work flow, and training.
- Review clarity and accuracy of all system documentation used in the operations process; ensure adherence to operational and helpdesk procedures; and coordinate with IS Staff to ensure data integrity, confidentiality, security, and consistent operational work flow.
- Backups and Disaster Recovery
- Server, Application and Network Monitoring
- Access Control and Surveillance Solutions
- Organize, delegate and perform administrative tasks to ensure proper workflow, while ensuring compliance with Standard Operating Procedures and SLAs.
- Prepared to fill in for the Operations and helpdesk teams.
- Support the Operations team when troubleshooting system problems.
- Train teammates on new implementations, procedures, and helpdesk requirements.
- Assist with the development of Operations, help desk procedures and record keeping in conjunction with issues logs (automated, where possible), vendor call logs, help desk calls, backup and offsite storage, tape and electronic data submissions, etc.
- Maintains a constant focus on quality improvement by creating new techniques and procedures.
- Responsible for inventory of all Data Center equipment and software.
- Responsible for maintaining the Data Centers.
- Works with Engineering to coordinate Preventive Maintenance.
The appropriate individual will have the following qualifications:
- Team Leadership.
- A+, Network+, and Server+.
- Windows Server 2008 and higher & Windows 7/10.
- HP-UX, UNIX, or Linux.
- Netbackup, Avamar, Data Domain, Networker.
- Translate technical information and procedures into user solutions.
- Install and build servers and operating systems, configure network settings.
- Configure RAID levels, KVM solutions, network cabling management/installation and assure network connectivity.
- Thorough understanding of networking topology and management.
- Must respond to and actively participate in disaster situations to restore information access to users.
- Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) Systems exposure preferred.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting & Staffing firm that provides our clients: consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Business Software; Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, Infrastructure, Operations and Associated Technologies.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.