Mount Pleasant, SC
Category: Computers, Software
Area Code: 843
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: SC - Mount Pleasant
We are currently engaged with a client seeking a Cloud Engineer. In this role, the Platform Engineer will:
- Work closely with software development team to ensure the developers have the deployment tools needed to ship code with ease.
- Build custom engineering tools, in addition to integrating existing tools.
- Help monitor and secure our AWS infrastructure in an effort to ensure 24/7 availability, as well as assist developers.
- Automate and provision everything with BOSH, Chef, Jenkins
- Assist management of our Cloud Foundry platform
- Assist management of AWS Cloud services
- Systems and application monitoring and load testing
- On-call support for production operations
- Work closely with management team in evaluating current systems and making decisions on future development.
- Update and modify systems to improve efficiency.
The appropriate individual will have the following:
- Ability to design, develop and implement solutions.
- Initiative and follow-through on projects with minimal supervision or guidance.
- Developing, testing and documenting RESTful APIs; with event-driven design patterns utilizing message queues; with SQL and/or NoSQL data stores; with designing, developing and deploying distributed systems.
- Source control (git), continuous integration (Jenkins) and writing unit tests and integration tests.
- Experience in a 24/7 production environment.
- Understanding of the UNIX/Linux operating system.
- Configuration management (e.G. Chef, Salt, Puppet).
- System Monitoring (e.G. Promethus, DataDog).
- System Logging (e.G. ELK, Splunk).
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with clients, end-users, and team members.
- BS in Computer Science preferred.
- Highly skilled in written and verbal communication.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting & Staffing firm that provides our clients: consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Business Software; Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, Infrastructure, Operations and Associated Technologies.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.