Bluffton AND Atlanta, SC
Category: Information Technology
Area Code: 843
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: SC - Bluffton AND Atlanta
We are currently engaged with a client seeking a Checkpoint Engineer. In this role, the Checkpoint Engineer will:
Configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of Checkpoint infrastructure.
- Maintain firewall infrastructure.
- Analyzes, implements, and maintains network systems, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with switches, routers, load balancers, firewalls, etc...
- Resolves interoperability and performance problems.
- Supports network availability for mission critical IT service environment.
- Provides and implements technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practical, and consistent with organization objectives.
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Clearly articulates situations / issues to cross-functional teams and clients.
The appropriate individual will have the following experience:
- In depth knowledge of Checkpoint firewalls including installation, upgrades, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to interact with both internal staff and external clients.
- Fundamental knowledge of routing and switching.
- General knowledge of other IT related disciplines.
- Juniper, F5, & Citrix desirable.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting & Staffing firm that provides our clients: consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Business Software; Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, Infrastructure, Operations and Associated Technologies.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.