Windows Systems Administrator
Category: Windows Administrator
Area Code: 401
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: RI - Warwick
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Systems Administrator / Engineer on a full time direct employee basis. In this role, the Windows Systems Administrator / Engineer will:
- Provide primary monitoring, technical support, maintenance and upgrades for all Windows, Networking and Security issues both internally and occasionally for external customers.
- Perform Windows Server, Networking and Workstation administration.
- Monitor, maintain and upgrade servers that include: Windows, HyperV, Domain, Accounting, WSUS, Antivirius, FTP, NAS, FTP, Email, PXE and X3200.
- Provide network administration that includes diagnosing and solving connections issues in a Cisco, Sonicwall, Linksys environment.
- Furnish network server security related to monitoring and preventing attacks utilizing SonicWall, Endpoint, Malware Bytes and Wireless AP controller console.
- Update software and hardware as needed.
- Provide technical security related to monitoring firewalls and related security tools and apparatus.
- Maintain and update custom hard disk imaging systems for delivery of systems to external customers.
- Manage internal workflow spreadsheets in MS Excel.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Systems Administration and or Engineering in a Windows workstation and server environment that includes support, maintenance and upgrades.
- Network management, maintenance and upgrades including continuous operation and high availability in a Cisco, Sonicwall environment.
- Network and systems security that include vulnerability/malware monitoring and firewalls in a Sonicwall, Endpoint, Malware Bytes environment.
- A combination of servers that include: Windows, Domain, HyperV, WSUS, FTP, NAS, Email and PXE.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are Required.
New Directions is a Rhode Island based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Ranked as one of the Fastest Growing and Innovative Privately held companies for three years by the Providence Business News, our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.