User Experience Designers - (Business Intelligence Visualization)
Category: UX/UI Designer
Area Code: 781
Job Type: 6: 9+ Month Contract
Location/City: MA - Lexington
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a User Experience Designer (Business Intelligence - Data Visualization) on a long term consulting basis. In this role, the User Experience Designer will:
- Partner with key stakeholders to deliver applications and online experiences while supporting the overall online strategy for transactional applications with large data sets and interfaces for business intelligence reporting and data visualization.
- Facilitate multiple projects from the UI/UX perspective and help project owners to define and execute on user requirements.
- Participate in the creation of exceptional user experiences by helping to define the approach and high level solution for new and/or changes to existing customer experiences
- Create appropriate deliverables including wireframes, user scenarios, journey maps, prototypes, etc.
- Participate in usability tests and synthesize research findings to support product outcomes Design and execute user testing appropriate to each project in accordance with the best practices of the User Experience department with the support of senior UX leadership.
- Help evangelize the practices and processes of the User Experience department via project interactions with stakeholders and UX training of internal customers outside of the User Experience department.
- Contribute to creative deliverables, including UX libraries and style guides
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Factors, Computer Graphics, Psychology or related study OR Certification in Human Factors, Usability, or User Experience.
- User experience for transactional applications with large data sets and interfaces for business intelligence reporting and data visualization.
- Research and visual design.
- Storyboarding and translation of requirements into mock-ups.
- User centered design, user interface design, web concepts, usability testing, and user interfaces standards and best practices.
- Ability to synthesize usability research, customer feedback, and business requirements into consistent and usable deliverables. Understanding of user interface design patterns and standard UCD methodologies across multiple platforms.
- Ability to communicate design concepts effectively, build consensus and justify decisions.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are Required.
New Directions is a Rhode Island based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Ranked as one of the Fastest Growing and Innovative Privately held companies for three years by the Providence Business News, our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.