Senior SQL Database Administrator
Category: SQL DBA
Area Code: 781
Job Type: 4: 3 - 6 Month
Location/City: MA - Burlington
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Senior SQL Database Administrator on a long term consulting to potential full time direct employee basis. In this role, the SQL Database Administrator will be responsible for:
- SQL Database Administration, maintenance, performance monitoring and availability of very large production SQL Server databases in a High Availability critical systems production environment.
- Performance tuning, query optimization using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring/troubleshooting tools.
- Replication, HA and DR techniques and tune T-SQL.
- Ensure backup and recoverability of all enterprise SQL server databases
- Recommend related to indexing, code modifications, process improvements and logical and physical data structures.
- Work closely with the infrastructure team to perform SQL Server installations and to configure hardware and software so that it functions optimally with the DBMS. Plan and implement database upgrades as needed.
- Provide technical leadership, mentor junior DBA's and lead projects and efforts driven by database systems, such as upgrades, database appliance and consolidation.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Senior and or lead background in SQL Server Administration in very large environments that includes replication, HA and DR techniques.
- Performance tuning, query optimization using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring/troubleshooting tools. Tuning T-SQL.
- Supporting SQL Server editions 2005-2014 in a production environment.
- Windows OS, physical hardware, storage systems, networking.
- AlwaysOn, clustering, replication, virtualization and high transactional enterprise systems.
- SSAS, SSRS (preferred).
- SQL certification desired.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are Required.
New Directions is a Rhode Island based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Ranked as one of the Fastest Growing and Innovative Privately held companies for two years in a row by the Providence Business News, our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.