Senior Lead User Experience Researcher
Category: UX Researchers
Area Code: 401
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: RI - Smithfield
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Senior User Experience Researcher on a very long-term consulting basis. The Senior User Experience Researcher will be responsible for all aspects of user research including developing and leading appropriate research strategies, analyzing and synthesizing research findings, and developing actionable insights.
The Sr. UX Researcher works directly with management and multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that customer needs are translated into engaging experiences across all digital channels.
In this role, the Senior Lead UX Researcher will:
- Be an advocate for our customers while balancing user needs with business goals.
- Identify, plan and execute qualitative and quantitative research methods to uncover user needs, design improvements, and new opportunities.
- Create user personas, scenarios, story boarding, conceptual models, journey/experience maps, service blueprints, and other artifacts to help drive design vision and strategy.
- Conduct field studies, user interviews, surveys, usability tests, A/B testing, card-sorting, expert reviews, and competitive analyses where appropriate.
- Provide mentorship, guidance and support to other researchers to ensure accurate and timely completion of project.
- Prepare and deliver concise, creative and impactful research reports to members of project teams and other stakeholders at all levels within the organizatio.
- Be both a champion of and a contributor to the growth of the research program by improving the body of knowledge and tools that support our design and development teams.
- Actively seek opportunities to evangelize and institutionalize the role of user research to the entire organization.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Significant hands-on career progression as a User Experience (UX) Researcher or Design Researcher.
- Deep and broad knowledge of human factors principles and research strategies.
- Storytelling and other narratives to create deep empathy for customers and their needs.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills; visual communication skills especially valued.
- Desktop and mobile app research tools for moderated and unmoderated remote usability testing.
- Agile development and lean user research methodologies.
- Consumer and internally facing web-based, desktop, mobile app and digital channel research methods.
- Bachelor's or Master's in Design Research, Anthropology, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or related discipline.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information or call us at (866) 999-8600.
New Directions is a Rhode Island based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise, Web and Mobile Applications Design and Development, Enterprise Software; and Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing.
Ranked as one of the Fastest Growing and Innovative Privately held companies for three years by the Providence Business News, our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.