Senior Enterprise Systems Engineer - (Citrix)
Category: Systems Administrator
Area Code: 781
Job Type: 2: Contract to Perm
Location/City: MA - Burlington
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Enterprise Systems Engineer (Citrix) on a three month consulting to full time direct employee basis. In this role, the Enterprise Systems Engineer will:
- Deploy and maintain applications and environments that utilize automation, orchestration and monitoring toolsets in a Citrix XenDesktop production environment.
- Oversee aspects of infrastructure integration with concentration on Citrix tools that includes configuration of new and existing systems on multiple platforms.
- Performs the installation, design and tuning of operating system/hypervisor, hardware, and all related peripherals.
- Automate, facilitate and manage virtualized workloads in internal and external clouds.
- Automate provisioning, deployment and configuration of virtual infrastructure.
- Monitor and administer servers in cloud and on premise.
- Act as a liaison between our customers and support teams.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Supporting and maintaining applications and environments in a Citrix, Windows and VMware environment.
- Citrix XenDesktop 7.12 Production environments, Citrix Netscaler Appliances, Citrix published applications, Shared Server Desktops and VDI.
- Troubleshooting Citrix user access and performance issues.
- Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems, Windows Group Policies and Active Directory, and Windows images (patching and application updates).
- Machine Creation Services (MCS) and Citrix Provisioning Services (PVS).
- VMware products (vCenter, vSphere and VMware virtual servers)
- Citrix Certification are a plus.
- Willing to participate in the weekly on-call rotation to provide off-hours support.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. No Third Parties - We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are Required.
New Directions is a Rhode Island based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Ranked as one of the Fastest Growing and Innovative Privately held companies for three years by the Providence Business News, our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.