Area Code: 843
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: SC - Bluffton
We are currently engaged with a client seeking a Provisioning Engineer. In this role, the Engineer will:
- Plays the key role in the delivery of the transport circuit.
- Coordination within various internal departments ensures overall customer satisfaction.
- Provides Tier 4 service delivery support to address customer and network issues. Performs inspection routines to ensure that data systems are within approved tolerances.
- Maintain current inventory of system resources (ports, blades, chassis, etc.).
- Works with Network Engineering to design job packages and provides support to Provisioning, I&R, and Central Office regarding installation.
- Performs quality control assessment of provisioning and maintenance upgrades.
- Equipment includes but is not limited to: Juniper equipment (routers, switches, firewalls) Actelis, HP WiFi equipment, Accedian Metro Nodes and NIDS, Calix (GPON and AE), Huawei GPON.
- Strong understanding of voice networking fundamentals; i.E. Traditional voice applications, PBX environments, wiring, traditional Class 5 switching fundamentals, and service variations such as Trunk, PRI, POTS, Ground Starts, Loop Start, Trunking, etc.
- Work with various network inventory elements; i. E. DS0, DS1 circuits, DS3 circuits, Optical, DSX panels, DACS units, cross-connect scenarios, common inventory languages, relay racks, panels, jacks, multiplexed ports, Genband switch ports, and CFA.
- Logically map circuit details based on requirements stated on customer orders for on-net and off-net circuits followed by submitting and managing circuit orders with LEC s, IXC s, and CLEC s via ASR/LSR utilizing LSOG ordering rules.
- Read and interpret Circuit and Design Layout Records (CLR & DLR) information to service delivery, network engineering, repair, field operations, and customer care workgroups.
- Self-manage large orders, often on a time-critical schedule. It is imperative they are flexible, communicate effectively, and share in the project responsibilities forcomplex multi-location or high-density orders.
- Communicate effectively with industry personnel, vendors, sales, service delivery, and engineering.
- Ensure that established Service Level Agreements are being met, specifically; intervals for FOC and DLR delivery.
- Organize customer orders, coordinate with internal departments as required, maintain timely customer/vendor communication, and manage the orders from inception through to completion.
The appropriate individual will have the following experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Network Engineering or Equivalent experience.
- Telecommunications systems expertise.
- Knowledge of provisioning and troubleshooting of IP routing and switching equipment preferably Cisco and Juniper platforms.
- Knowledge and experience in layer 3 routing protocols: RIPv2, OSPF or IS-IS, and BGP.
- Metro-Ethernet devices and circuitry.
- VLAN operations.
- TCP/IP, PPPoE and cable modems.
- VoIP / Genband.
- Knowledge of telecom standards ATM, DSL, ADSL.
- Proficient in all MS Office programs.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting & Staffing firm that provides our clients: consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Business Software; Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, Infrastructure, Operations and Associated Technologies.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.