Network Security Firewall Engineer
North Charleston, SC
Area Code: 843
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: SC - North Charleston
We are currently engaged with a client seeking a Network Security Firewall Engineer. In this role, the Network Security Firewall Engineer will:
- Design, implement and maintain support of the network and security infrastructure.
- Configure, deploy, monitor and maintain network security equipment including layer 4-7 application-aware firewalls.
- Manage firewall and network security systems by establishing and enforcing approved policies.
- Analyze network security requirements and implement perimeter security changes.
- Utilizing industry best practices for security, disaster recovery, business continuity, change control, etc.
- SME in coordinating and troubleshooting with customers, other infrastructure support activities and business units.
- Develop network documentation of security infrastructure.
- Monitor network performance and implement performance tuning.
The appropriate individual will have the following experience:
- Firewall expertise with Palo Alto & Cisco ASA equipment.
- Aministrating and troubleshooting firewalls within medium to large, complex organizations.
- Intrusion detection systems, VPN technologies, vulnerability assessment tools, event & log analysis solutions, configuration and change management desirable.
- Configuring and troubleshooting routing and switched infrastructure.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting & Staffing firm that provides our clients: consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Business Software; Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, Infrastructure, Operations and Associated Technologies.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.