North Charleston, SC
Area Code: 843
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: SC - North Charleston
We are currently engaged with a client seeking a Network Engineer with an Active Secret Clearance on a consulting to full time direct employee basis. In this role, the Network Engineer will:
- Assist with the design, implementation, monitoring, and support a Large Global Enterprise Network/Security Infrastructure.
- Responsible for the set-up and repair of the network infrastructure, monitoring & diagnosis of network performance, resolution of network-based incidents and requests.
- Monitoring routers, switches, and circuits for failures and recommending corrective action.
- Configures, installs, and supports network hardware/software infrastructure including switches, routers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Ensure that all network equipment complies with industry and corporate standards.
- Undertakes routine preventative measures and implements and maintains network security and ensures security compliance.
- Assist with maintenance/support of division/facility-level network security equipment: network equipment, VPN concentrators, and firewalls.
The appropriate individual will have the following experience:
- Knowledge of Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto. (Juniper and Palo Alto are preferred)
- General knowledge of LAN/WAN architectures.
- Configuring and troubleshooting IPSEC VPN tunnels.
- Juniper SA VPN & Citrix netscaler VPN / CAG.
- Certifications desirable (Security+, OS, etc.)
- Must have active Secret Clearance.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role . Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting & Staffing firm that provides our clients: consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Business Software; Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, Infrastructure, Operations and Associated Technologies.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.