Area Code: 843
Job Type: 2: Contract to Perm
Location/City: SC - Charleston
We are currently engaged with a client seeking a Network Engineer position. In this role, the Network Engineer will...
- Provide system engineering, design, and administration support for all network infrastructure systems within the enterprise across the various platforms.
- Serve as technical coordinator / project lead for the deployment and support of network computer infrastructure (LAN and WAN), as well as insures proper implementation and maintenance of management tools, network documentation, and disaster recovery procedures.
- Work with System Administrators, App Dev and other departments to provide a stable and scalable network infrastructure.
- Responsible for technical hardware/software/cabling, bandwidth engineering, configuration planning, administration, and support of data and communications networks, including facilities planning.
- Perform any and all activities associated with the network infrastructure and telecommunications services. Responsibilities include switches, hubs, routers, gateways, as well as VPNs, firewall, Internet connectivity, etc.
- Network infrastructure analysis, design, and support including local and wide-area networks.
- Technical competency with the following services:
OSI networking model and its use in network design and troubleshooting
Switching and routing technologies; (BGP, OSPF, MPLS) theory and practice
Cisco wireless systems including access points, controllers, and wireless control system software
- Network management/monitoring technologies:
TCP/IP (including IPSec, SNMP, DHCP, WINS, and DNS)
Internet Access solutions
ISP connectivity with redundancy
Firewall and VPN connectivity and scalability
DMZ configuration and access control
Security systems, Intrusion Detection, Authentication and account validation services
Access control, Vulnerability assessment and resolution
Incident handling, Remote Access solutions (Async)
Extensive operational experience with the enterprise/carrier-class routers and switches
The appropriate individual will have the following experience:
- Cisco Network Engineering.
- Switches, routers, firewalls, hubs, routers, gateways, & VPNs.
- Provide overall coordination functions involving the short-term operational and long-term strategic planning, installation, monitoring, and overall management of the network infrastructure environment, including LAN, WAN, WLAN, VLAN, VPN, and Internet access/firewalls.
- Insure proper levels of fault tolerance and disaster recovery to include overall planning, & systematic testing.
- CCNA; CCNP preferred.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting & Staffing firm that provides our clients: consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Business Software; Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, Infrastructure, Operations and Associated Technologies.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.