Lead User Experience Researcher
Category: UX Researchers
Area Code: 515
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: IA - Johnston
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Lead User Experience Researcher on a full time direct employee basis. In this role, the Lead User Experience Researcher will:
- Develop a UX strategy to help the organization build a user-centric approach for solutions that span our web and mobile platforms.
- Provide insights to our application development teams through the practical application of Human Factors principles.
- Use appropriate research methodology, tools, and protocols to conduct user-centered research to understand their stated and unstated needs and pain points.
- Collaborate with UX design team to translate end user needs to wireframes, PoC and Prototypes.
- Lead discussions and presentations with stakeholders from various business functions on key learning, concepts that can solve end user problems.
- Be a change agent to evangelize UX concepts and practices across the company to create awareness and support.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Senior and or lead roles in User Experience Research or Human Factors that includes team leadership and or mentoring.
- User research methods including focus groups, user interviews, direct observation sessions, eye-tracking, ethnographic research, contextual inquiries, etc.
- Ability to work with UX research suppliers to help execute user research strategies across multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize prototyping and/or existing research to provide insights to design ahead of software builds
- Defining and executing Human Factor related activities related to a significant project
- Defining Information Architecture by using tools such as card sorting, content strategy, reverse card sorting or other proven content structures for web and mobile experiences.
- Strong project management skills to effectively manage multiple projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills with strong thought-leadership who can effectively lead complex discussions, lead research sessions, present design concepts and lead workshops
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are Required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development, Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Software.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.