Category: Information Technology
Area Code: 843
Job Type: 2: Contract to Perm
Location/City: SC - Charleston
We are currently engaged with a client seeking a LAN/WAN Administrator. In this role, the LAN/WAN Administrator will:
- Provides administration support for network infrastructure systems within the enterprise across various computer platforms.
- Serves as technical implementer for deployment and support of network computer infrastructure, as well as insure proper maintenance of management tools, network documentation, and disaster recovery procedures.
- Works with System Admins, Applications group, etc.To provide a stable and scaleable network infrastructure.
- Responsible for technical hardware/software/cabling, bandwidth engineering, configuration planning, administration, and support of data and communications network, including facilities planning.
- Performs any and all activities associated with the network infrastructure and telecommunications services.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, switches, routers, gateways, as well as VPNs, firewall, etc.
The appropriate individual will have the following experience:
- Network infrastructure support including local and wide-area networks.
- OSI networking model and its use in network design and troubleshooting.
- Bridging, switching, and routing technologies.
- Network management technologies.
- TCP/IP (including IPSec, SNMP, DHCP, WINS, and DNS).
- Remote Access solutions.
- Manage multiple deadlines and conflicting priorities; Excellent team, communication, & interpersonal skills.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- MCP/MSCE certification preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree highly desirable.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting & Staffing firm that provides our clients: consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Business Software; Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, Infrastructure, Operations and Associated Technologies.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.