Director of Enterprise Data Governance
Category: Data Warehouse
Area Code: 571
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: VA - Reston
We are currently engaged with a client seeking a Director of Enterprise Data Governance. In this role, the Director of Enterprise Data Governance will:
- Responsible for establishing & enforcing standards for all practices & procedures regarding enterprise data management and utilization.
- This position requires prior experience in data architecture, data management, data integration, big data, analytics/BI.
- Majority of their time will be spent managing a team of data modelers and working across multiple business units within the organization to ensure optimal data management practices across all levels of management.
- Technical experience using programs to extract, analyze, and manage data from a variety of disparate data sources and systems.
- Work independently and lead organization to improve the team's quality and efficiency.
- Supervise and oversee Data Governance Process and manage Analysts, Technicians, Interns and Contractors in data and business analysis, data modeling consulting, and system and data problem resolution related to information.
- Coordinate with Lead Architects and other Data staff to ensure enterprise governance and stewardship policies are enforced.
- Develop and maintain standards for Enterprise Data Governance for existing and future data repositories and applications while ensuring the integrity of all data processes.
- Coordinate projects that involve multiple team members.
- Lead Data meetings and facilitate information exchange with people in other departments and/or external customers.
- Expand knowledge of the systems, methods, practices, procedures, policies, regulations followed & develop technical skills related to Big Data, SQL and analytic software.
- Lead development and management of business and technical metadata development and sharing tools and practices.
- Ensure corporate systems contain quality data and are available according to Service Level Requests.
The appropriate individual will have the following experience:
- Data management, data governance, data architecture, analytics and BI expertise.
- Establishing and managing data governance process and procedures across multiple business units.
- Developing tools in Big Data and traditional DW environments in support of Data Governance and master data management.
- Trackrecord of building and managing a data governance team.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with customers and leading/presenting meetings.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting & Staffing firm that provides our clients: consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Business Software; Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, Infrastructure, Operations and Associated Technologies.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.