Copywriter / Tech Writer
Category: Technical Writing
Area Code: 843
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: SC - Charleston
We are currently engaged with a client seeking a Copywriter/Tech Writer . In this position, they will...
- Assist in documenting technical manuals for use within the team and the organization.
- Research, write, update, and maintain detailed technical installation and user guides, work instructions, computer-based training lessons, etc. In support of the IT staff.
- Assist with other projects on an as-needed basis.
- Track documentation change requests in a web-based tracking system.
- Manage configurations of documentation in a digital storage system.
- Contribute to overall project documentation in accordance with team and company processes.
The appropriate individual will have the following:
- Experience developing technical documents.
- Excellent working knowledge of English grammar and the written language.
- Ability to translate technical information into plain language for audiences of all backgrounds.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Creating technical guides for an IT audience.
- Experience supporting Software Development Life Cycles.
- Desktop publishing or Graphic Design desirable.
- Experience with Adobe FrameMaker, Captivate, Photoshop, Acrobat, and Robohelp preferred.
- BA/BS degree in English, Communication, or a related field preferred.
- Interview Now
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting & Staffing firm that provides our clients: consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Business Software; Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, Infrastructure, Operations and Associated Technologies.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.