Cloudera System Administrator
Category: Systems Administrator
Area Code: 571
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: VA - Reston
We are currently engaged with a client seeking a Cloudera System Administrator. In this role, the Cloudera System Administrator will:
- System Maintenance: Independently installs and maintains Big Data (Cloudera, Horton Works, etc.) clusters in high available, load balanced configuration across multiple (Production, User Acceptance, Development) environments.
- Systems Implementation: Implement complex technical system design changes for Big Data environments.
- Procedural: Updates and maintains operations manuals, inventories, and written procedures relative to installing, maintaining, and using the Big Data environments. Works closely with Change management, Configuration Management and Security Management in developing and maintaining said procedures.
- Technology Consulting: Leads problem resolution and coordination with Level 2 support. Performs integration of component level systems into solutions as documented/directed by Lead Big Data Administrator. Liaison with Infrastructure, Security and application development.
- Research and Development: Researches new technologies to benefit the business. Works with Lead/Expert Big Data Administrator to develop recommendations and provide implementation support.
The appropriate individual will have the following experience:
- Administrator experience working with batch processing and tools in the Hadoop technical stack (e.G. MapReduce, Yarn, Pig, Hive, HDFS, Oozie)
- Administrator experience working with tools in the stream processing technical stack (e.G. Spark, Storm, Sama, Kafka, Avro)
- Administrator experience with NoSQL stores (e.G. ElasticSearch, Hbase, Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB)
- Strong knowledge on AD/LDAP security integration with Big Data
- Hands-on experience with at least one major Hadoop Distribution such as Cloudera, Horton Works, MapR or IBM Big Insights
- Advanced experience with SQL and at least two major RDBMS
- Systems integrator with Linux systems and shell scripting
- Data related benchmarking, performance analysis and tuning, troubleshooting
- System usage and optimization tools such as Splunk
- Big Data Administrator Cert is desirable
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting & Staffing firm that provides our clients: consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Business Software; Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, Infrastructure, Operations and Associated Technologies.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.