Category: Business Systems Analyst
Area Code: 843
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: SC - Charleston
We are currently engaged with a client seeking a Business Analyst. In this position the Business Analyst will:
- Review and accept new software, review external systems changes to ensure continued functionality and reporting, and provide systems maintenance.
- Act as a catalyst in resolving issues relating to accounting operations and functions
- Communicate and work with other offices, departments, etc.
- Develop and document best practices
- Understand customers' business processes and practices and translate that knowledge into clear requirements
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in specific areas such as travel, procurement or transportation
- Provide advice concerning accounting standards and processes, utilizing expertise to perform analysis of interface issues and processes, and the resolution of accounting errors
- Devise ways to improve processes and systems efficiency for customer accounting processes and procedures
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Bachelor's in Accounting or related field such as Business or Computer Science
- Expertise with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Years of reviewing and evaluating accounting systems, procedures and regulations
- Years of systems analysis and design experience in any combination of the following areas: Requirements gathering; System design reviews; Implementation Support; Business process analysis; or Issue resolution
- Excellent customer service and client interaction skills
- Very good analytical skills to identify problems and propose solutions
- Travel may be required
- Experience with business process improvement projects with a focus on streamlining processes and automation
- Experience with Microsoft Access and the creation of databases and tools for process improvement
- Project management experience with life-cycle software development; testing, implementation and support
- Tableau or other Business Intelligence data visualization software desirable
- All applicants for this position must be able to obtain and maintain a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) clearance
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting & Staffing firm that provides our clients: consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Business Software; Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, Infrastructure, Operations and Associated Technologies.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.