Azure Data Science Solution Architect
Category: Data Warehouse
Area Code: 206
Job Type: 6: 9+ Month Contract
Location/City: WA - Seattle
We are currently engaged in a project that requires a Data Science Solution Architect on a long term consulting basis. In this role, the Data Science Solution Architect will:
- Work with data scientists, data engineering teams and business stakeholders to build Data Science solutions and data models for data science teams in a on-premis / cloud sulition (Azure) with SQL Data Warehouses and Databases.
- Design of the data collection, storage and analysis processes, while taking into account time and cost trade-offs and business requirements.
- Design the architecture and the analytics data pipelines using Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lakes & Azure Data Lake Analytics.
- Build architectural data solutions utilizing a combination of Azure Databricks /HDInsight or AWS Databricks/EMR.
- Build processes within the organization's strategic data science and warehousing environments while designing and implementing process plans and establishing process measurement systems that align with organizational goals.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Bigdata data architecture for data science that includes statistics, machine learning, data mining, and predictive analytics modeling techniques in Azure environments.
- On-premise or similar Azure cloud solutions in SQL Database / Data Warehouse environments.
- Azure cloud file systems for storing datasets on Azure Data Lakes storage.
- Azure Databricks /HDInsight or AWS Databricks/EMR, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake & Azure Data Lake Analytics.
- Data warehousing, data mining, data lake design and implementation.
- Conceptual and logical data modeling that includes logical functional/data decomposition activities.
- Predictive analytics to the IOT/real-time or near real-time dataset.
- Building data models that assist in deploying and managing accurate and faster data science utilization.
AWS Databricks/EMR would be an asset.
- Knowledge in NoSQL databases like Cosmos DB/Hive etc.
- Data science programming languages like Python or R (Python, and R Tools for Visual Studio (RTVS)) & USQL
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are Required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.