Senior Systems Admin/Engineer
Category: Systems Administrator
Area Code: 843
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: GA - Savannah
We are currently engaged with a client seeking a Senior Systems Admin/Engineer. In this role, the Senior Systems Admin/Engineer will:
- Responsible for availability, reliability, performance, & maintenance of storage, backup, and virtualization platforms.
- Manage enterprise storage/virtualization environment including EMC, VMware, & HP.
- Maintains efficient and reliable backup/recovery process.
- Work closely with other IT teams and interact with the business.
- Knowledge of Server platforms(MS & Linux).
- Troubleshoot vmware & storage issues.
- Maintain professionalism and provide excellent customer service.
The appropriate individual will have the following experience:
- Vmware; version v4/5 & View desirable.
- Storage; EMC preferred.
- Microsoft Server.
- Working knowledge of firewalls & switches.
- Ability to lead as well as work independently on projects.
- Innate troubleshooting skills.
- VCP & MSCE preferred.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting & Staffing firm that provides our clients: consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Business Software; Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, Infrastructure, Operations and Associated Technologies.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.