Senior Software Engineer - (Ellucian - Higher Education)
Kingston, RI, RI
Category: Software Developer
Area Code: 401
Job Type: 6: 9+ Month Contract
Location/City: RI - Kingston, RI
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Senior Software Developer on a very long term consulting basis. In this role, the Developer will:
- Work with technical and business/user teams to gather requirements for creation and revision to existing/new systems and processes and produce specifications for integration with the Ellucian Banner, Recruit and other data intensive systems.
- Perform application, API and database programming and testing that may include a combination of Oracle PL/SQL, MS SQL Server, T-SQL., .NET and or Java.
- Identify data items through research, analysis, data mining, and data discovery of the source data.
- Research, investigate, and articulate problems in current processes.
- Assist technical teams' with troubleshooting production issues.
- Documenting systems and train users as needed.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Multiple roles in the design, development and implementation of programs in an Ellucian Banner environment in multiple modules. (Banner 9, Recruit, Financial Aid, Reporting, eTranscripts highly desireable).
- Programming in relational databases that might include MS SQL, Oracle PL/SQL or MS Access and knowledge of Oracle packages, functions, triggers and procedures. (Desirable). (Oracle Forms and Reports Developer a plus)
- Multiple API development environments that might include a combination of: .NET (C# or VB.NET), Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Sharepoint, Java, WordPress, Coldfusion,
troubleshooting, data exchange, and software development within small and large projects.
- Programming and permission control in operating systems that may include RedHat Linux, Mac OS or UNIX.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are Required.
New Directions is a Rhode Island based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, IT Infrastructure and Operations.
Ranked as one of the Fastest Growing and Innovative Privately held companies for three years by the Providence Business News, our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.