Senior Project Manager - (Software Vendor Selection)
Category: Project Management
Area Code: 401
Job Type: 6: 9+ Month Contract
Location/City: RI - Warwick
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Vendor Selection Project Manager (Software Vendor Selection) on a long term consulting basis. In this role, the Project Manager will:
- Function as the Lead Internal Consultant and Subject Matter expert to independently coordinate software vendor selection process.
- Work with group leaders (Digital Channel, Marketing, User Experience and Information Technology) and business stakeholders to assess existing evaluations and assessments of Content Management System Software.
- Develop detailed timelines, schedules, charter and scope for evaluation, selection and implementation plan for Content Management System Software.
- Lead discussion groups and meetings of cross-functional leaders and teams in order to document detailed business analysis and final requirements assessment for vendor selection.
- Furnish final detailed documentation on all findings.
- Lead, write and deliver Request for Proposal/Quotation to final vendor selection.
- Lead discussion groups, evaluation and final selection of vendors.
- Negotiate final contracts and implementation plans with final vendors.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Senior Management, management or lead capabilities in multi-disciplinary cross-functional information technology, marketing or digital channel environments.
- Significant Project and/or Program Management in the selection of web-based software. (Content Management System Software Preferred).
- Baseline PM foundation skills that include: strong documentation (i.E. Charter, scope, meeting minutes, RFP/RFQ s, contracts), meeting facilitation, presentations, relationship building and superb written and written communications ability.
- Full lifecycle vendor selection.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are Required.
New Directions is a Rhode Island based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Ranked as one of the Fastest Growing and Innovative Privately held companies for two years in a row by the Providence Business News, our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.