Senior Human-Centered Design Researcher - Consumer Products
Category: UX Researchers
Area Code: 401
Job Type: 6: 9+ Month Contract
Location/City: RI - Johnston
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Design Researcher on a very long term consulting basis. In this role, the Design Researcher will:
- Lead enterprise design research for consumer facing products that includes promoting the use and organizational understanding of human-centered design practices to help business drive design and innovation.
- Develop and implement research methods and models.
- Plan and leading in-home visits and other research methods to discover the motivations, behaviors and needs of customers.
- Translate research into valuable insights and strategies to help foster design innovation and create experiences that connect with customers.
- Develop compelling and memorable stories to communicate the customer experience and help ground business strategy.
- Assist with the development of an implementation roadmap of a potential new and innovative product.
- Perform significant facilitation amongst stakeholders, business units and external vendors.
- Work with a variety of consultants and vendors to further the goals and objectives of key business initiatives.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- BA/BS or MS preferred in a related field with six or more years experience doing design research and strategy, preferably in consumer products.
- Broad experience with human-centered design research methods applied across the product development process.
Utilizes research methods that might include: Qualitative and quantitative research, contextual inquiries, survey's, A/B testing, card-sorting, expert (heuristic) reviews, and persona development.
- Knowledge of emerging research approaches, tools, and ways to present findings.
New Directions is a Rhode Island based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise, Web and Mobile Applications Development, Enterprise Software; and Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.