Junior SQL Database Administrator / Developer
East Greenwich, RI
Category: Database Administrator
Area Code: 401
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: RI - East Greenwich
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Junior SQL Database Administrator / Developer on a full-time direct employee basis. In this role, the Database Administrator will:
- Assist in the maintenance, performance and uptime of SQL and other database instances in a Linux - UNIX environment.
- Create and modify bash scripts and Windows command scripts.
- Manage tablespace, storage allocation, indexes and reorgs.
- Provide database maintenance tasks including but not limited to backup/restore operations, storage allocations, indexes and reorgs.
- Provide performance tuning for SQL queries, reporting and database server monitoring.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Demonstrated Database Administrator background or aptitude in multiple database technologies that might include a combination of MS SQL Server, Orable, DB2 and MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Backup, maintenance, troubleshooint of multiple instance databases.
- SQL and or other query and customized report development.
- Linux - UNIX operational and development environments.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are Required.
New Directions is a Rhode Island based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Ranked as one of the Fastest Growing and Innovative Privately held companies for three years by the Providence Business News, our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.