IT Systems Support Engineer
Category: Help Desk
Area Code: 401
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: RI - Providence
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking an IT Systems Support Engineer on a Full Time direct employee basis. In this role, the Systems Support Engineer will:
- Furnish Tier 1 and Tier 2 support to internal users that include: Laptop configuration and support, Network Access, VoIP Phone connectivity and printing.
- Work with Engineering Team to the company's global hosting infrastructure including Local Area Network, Wide Area Network, Internet and Remote Access systems.
- Perform network performance tuning, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk.
- Install, configure and maintain network switches, firewalls and other network devices.
- Respond to and analyze security system alerts and incident reports.
- Perform server, network and storage hardware implementation and troubleshooting.
- Assist in configuration, and maintenance of Fiber Channel and iSCSI SAN environments.Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses.
- Document internal procedures.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- IT Systems Support / Help Desk in multi-office / multi-location enterprise.
- Hardware/Software, Laptop Configuration, Troubleshooting and Support.
- Operating Systems that would include a combination of Microsoft Windows 2012, 2008 and 2003 Server. (RedHat Enterprise Linux or flavors of Linux would be preferred).
- Networking that includes: LAN, WAN, Internet, Remote Access. (IP routing protocols that include: BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, IP Multicast and MPLS are a big plus).
- A combination of Microsoft Technologies that include: Microsoft Active Directory and DNS, Microsoft IIS, Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012/2014. (Preferred).
- A combination of Storage, Virtualization and Backup that includes: VMware Vsphere 5.5, Backup Applications (HP Data Protector a plus); VOIP solutions (Shoretel preferred); Server RAID technologies; Fiber Channel and iSCSI SAN storage; 3PAR.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are Required.
New Directions is a Rhode Island based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Ranked as one of the Fastest Growing and Innovative Privately held companies for two years in a row by the Providence Business News, our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.