IT Security Engineer
Category: IT Security
Area Code: 401
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: RI - Smithfield
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Information Technology Security Engineer on a full time direct employee basis. In this role, the IT Security Engineer will:
- Perform Information Technology Security risk assessments and support vulnerability management system.
- Manage systems against security breaches and hacker attacks while ensuring that networking systems operations.
- Participate in compliance and information security consulting activities.
- Implement security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Draft technical documentation and security guidelines.
- Develop business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Perform shared IT Infrastructure engineering and administration tasks.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Information Security and or Cyber Security Engineering, Policy, Planning and Documentation in a Corporate Enterprise environment.
- Baseline Network, Information Security and Network and Systems Administration background.
- Development of Information and or Cyber Security Policies.
- Cisco IOS, routing, switching and VoIP technologies.
- Firewall hardware, Storage, Virtual Systems, VMWare vCenter server, ESX Hypervisor.
- Windows and or Symantec Altiris Deployment Solution.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred.
New Directions is a Rhode Island based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, IT Infrastructure and Operations.