Health Care Compliance Specialist
East Greenwich, RI
Area Code: 401
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: RI - East Greenwich
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Health Care Compliance - Legal Assistant on a full time direct employee basis. In this role, Health Care Compliance Legal Assistant will:
- Assist in designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating the compliance program and monitors its implementation.
- Revise the compliance program in response to the changing needs of the organization, laws, and governmental policies.
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate the compliance plan and activities.
- Assist the Compliance Officer in coordinating educational and training programs focusing on the elements of the compliance program to ensure that the organization is knowledgeable of and complies with applicable federal, state, and industry standards.
- Under the Compliance Officer's direction, develop and implement a system of monthly/quarterly/annual audits.
- Assist in maintaining the corporate records and corporate filings.
- Assist with review, drafting and archiving routine contracts.
- Perform routine legal research of statutes, rules and regulations.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Health Care and or other corporate compliance programs that would include one or more of the following: HIPAA, HITECH, SOX, OIG, Stark, Privacy and or Security.
- Compliance, audit and or risk assessements.
- Use of tools that support compliance program desirable; SIMBUS software a plus.
- Understanding of compliance, regulatory laws and standards that apply to health care and or other enterprises.
- Coordinating and documenting meetings for cross functional business and technical groups.
- Contractual or Master Service Agreement review (Preferred).
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role.
New Directions is a Rhode Island based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise and Web Applications Design and Development.
Ranked as one of the Fastest Growing and Innovative Privately held companies for theree years by the Providence Business News, our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.