Director of Outside Plant Operations
Category: Infrastructure - IT Ops.
Area Code: 843
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: SC - Bluffton
We are currently engaged with a client seeking a Director of Outside Plant Operations. In this role, the Director of Outside Plant Operations will:
- Provide innovative and driven leadership that brings teams together to deliver results that help drive revenue and growth initiatives, control expenses, improve service to customers and enhance operational efficiencies.
- Responsibility for many operational components of the business primarily which include outside plant activities.
- Develop and maintain a solid team of managers and organizational leaders
- Provide a positive example of good leadership, which fosters trust, integrity, open communications and motivation while enhancing a culture of congeniality and collegiality.
- Direct activities and functions of operations groups that may include but are not limited to outside plant and staff to ensure the high availability and reliability of networks, products and services.
- Assist in the efforts necessary to evaluate, plan and execute new market development initiatives
- Promote and facilitate effective and open communication between departments.
- Partner with executive staff and other management on project initiation, execution and delivery.
- Partner with Sales and Marketing to oversee and direct operational activities necessary to deliver, service and repair existing and new products and actively participate in the creation and development of new product and revenue initiatives.
- Prepare and monitor capital and expense budget and forecast inputs and performance.
- Develop, review and analyze key performance metrics.
- Review and modify business processes and procedures, to improve efficiency and reduce expense.
- Evaluate training needs for personnel.
- Rely on experience and judgment to accomplish goals and resolve complex situations.
The appropriate individual will have the following experience:
- Senior Management.
- Project Management.
- P&L management.
- Capital budget.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, communication and presentation skills.
- Technical background in communications and networking highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of budget administration, practices and accounting.
- Ability to work long hours as required and deal well with stress.
- Strong team player with the ability to persuade, influence and negotiate partnerships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical documentation and procedure.
- Must be able to collect, manipulate, and distribute data for effective root cause analysis
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are required.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting & Staffing firm that provides our clients: consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Business Software; Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Applications Development, Infrastructure, Operations and Associated Technologies.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.