Consulting Services Manager
Category: Software / App. Mgt.
Area Code: 401
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: RI - Warwick
We are currently engaged with a client who is seeking a Consulting Services Manager on a full time direct employee basis. In this role, the Consulting Services Manager will:
- Oversee day-to-day software operations support for managed services consulting team that supports a customer facing application platrom at various globally deployed data centers along with onsite installed instances.
- Provide team management, process improvements, and cross-team coordination of activities and issue resolution for software support technicians and interface with development and other team members.
- Define and implementing software service management workflows from assignment through resolution on client projects.
- Establish and report key metrics used by the business for visibility into support request volume, categories, and level of service.
- Maintain staff schedules for onsite/remote project support assignments, m onitor work levels and staff availability to proactively address resource gaps and implement training programs to streamline support staff onboarding and new project training
- Manage staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, and coaching for US and UK based teams on affairs outside of project based work
- Interacts with internal clients on all levels to help resolve development-related issues and provides answers in a timely manner
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Hands-on technical background (e.G. System Analyst, Software Engineer/Architect, Technical Project Manager).
- Understanding of navigating a custom-built web-based software system
- Strong understanding of project management principles
- Planning and executing electronic data processing projects, including data conversion
- Experience should include an in-depth understanding of managing, supervising, and mentoring 20+ staff members
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information. We are unable to sponsor Visa's for this role. Local candidates preferred. Personal Interviews are Required.
New Directions is a Rhode Island based Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Enterprise Software; Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing; and Enterprise Web Applications Design & Development.
Ranked as one of the Fastest Growing and Innovative Privately held companies for two years in a row by the Providence Business News, our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.