Business Intelligence Research Manager
Category: Business Intelligence
Area Code: 206
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: WA - Seattle
We have been retained in a nationwide search by the Port of Seattle for a Business Intelligence Research Manager for Customer, Consumer and Organizational Insights. The Port of Seattle is a leader in moving people and cargo across the country and around the world.
With facilities and property ranging in scope from Sea-Tac Airport, Cruise Ship and Container Terminals, Public Parks, Conference Facilities, Recreational Boating Marina, Piers, Office Space and Storage and Warehouse Operations, the Port maximizes public assets in their portfolio with an eye toward best uses and environmental sustainability.
This is a significant and highly visible role within the organization. In this role, the Business Intelligence Research Program Manager will:
- Manage the research program and set the direction and focus of customer and organizational insights.
- Manage projects that include survey, questionnaire and research design and data analysis and interpretation and presentation of results.
- Design surveys, questionnaires, research instruments, and develop research methods and sampling plans.
- Apply predictive modeling and advanced algorithms to create actionable insights and solutions, identify patterns in data, apply appropriate tests of statistical reliability, and interpret the results in actionable terms.
- Apply data visualization, market research, and performance measurement best practices to new and existing solutions.
- Present analytical findings to executive leaders and other staff at all levels of the organization.
- Develop project scopes and determine expectations for work to be done.
- Develop and manage the annual research budget.
- Provide lead direction to field work staff, vendors and research consultants.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Demonstrated, effective leadership skills, strategic planning and approach to managing a high performing Research Programs.
- Ability to lead and motivate staff in a highly collaborative environment.
- Scientific research and data collection methodologies, qualitative techniques, tools, and standards with special emphasis on survey research.
- Breadth of skill in various research techniques to support selection of appropriate strategies and research designs.
- Strong knowledge of measurement theory and Up-to-date knowledge of relevant research and theory.
- Test theory, design and implementation including insights into item response theory and design.
- Principles for effective visual display of quantitative data.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in public speaking and effective presentation of technical material.
- Advanced Excel skills spreadsheet design, developing complex formulas, and formatting tables and charts.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information and call us at (866) 999-8600.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing & Data Science; Enterprise Software; and Enterprise Applications Development and IT Infrastructure and Operations.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.