Business Intelligence - Analytics Program Manager
Category: Business Intelligence
Area Code: 206
Job Type: 1: Full Time
Location/City: WA - Seattle
We have been retained in a nationwide search by the Port of Seattle for a Business Intelligence Analytics Program Manager. The Port of Seattle is a leader in moving people and cargo across the country and around the world.
With facilities and property ranging in scope from Sea-Tac Airport, Cruise Ship and Container Terminals, Public Parks, Conference Facilities, Recreational Boating Marina, Piers, Office Space and Storage and Warehouse Operations, the Port maximizes public assets in their portfolio with an eye toward best uses and environmental sustainability.
This is a significant and highly visible role within the organization. In this role, the Business Intelligence Analytics Program Manager will:
- Provide direction and management to Business Intelligence Analysts/Developers that includes work planning, prioritization, and guiding solution development.
- Manage and oversee multiple, concurrent Business Intelligence analytics and data science projects to transform the way enterprise accesses, analyzes and shares data.
- Lead projects that include advanced data visualization, data acquisition, data integration, and predictive analytics.
- Develop and drive the strategy and roadmap of the Business Intelligence Analytics program.
- Act as thought leader for future BI initiatives, build business cases and perform scope and budget estimation.
- Build additional Business Intelligence and analytical capability across the organization through training programs.
- Design, build, optimize and maintain custom, advanced Business Intelligence solutions, using BI technology, such as Tableau, SQL, and R, to effectively deliver information to the business.
- Apply data visualization, market research, and performance measurement best practices to new and existing solutions.
- Present analytical findings to executive leaders and other staff at all levels of the organization.
The appropriate individual will have demonstrated experience in the following:
- Building, mentoring and managing high performing Business Intelligence and Analytics teams.
- Demonstrated, effective leadership skills, strategic planning and approach to managing high performing Business Intelligence and analytics programs.
- Strong project / program management, facilitation, presentation, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Business Intelligence, information design principles and relational database design.
- Knowledge of analytical techniques including exposure to machine learning, segmentation, algorithms, data mining, and predictive analytics.
- Deep knowledge in the development and implementation of Business Intelligence tools.
- Data mining and analytical techniques and enterprise reporting and data visualization and reporting tools such as Tableau.
- Business Intelligence or data warehousing environments.
In order to arrange a preliminary interview, please forward a Word copy of your resume with your complete contact information.
New Directions is an Information Technology Recruiting and Staffing Firm that provides consulting; project staff augmentation and traditional hire services for: Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing & Data Science; Enterprise Software; and Enterprise Applications Development and IT Infrastructure and Operations.
Our success and subsequent growth has been based on leveraging our clients' technology with talented people.